[games_access] Game Accessibility Conference

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed May 23 18:23:15 EDT 2007

Yes, I agree -- we should really analyze this and how we can get some
major developers there or academics there (which would, I presume,
make location, location, location a big issue).

In our history, though, we haven't really attracted the researchers
OR the developers. So unless we really focus on which way to go and
really put everything behind that, we still won't get either
audience. So, yes, I totally agree -- what is the better way to go?
I'm leaning toward the dev community simply because I think that they
can afford the price tag (given that we aren't doing this ourselves
AND the fact that venues costs money...I'm sure that there will be a
nice price tag that we won't benefit from but will at least help fray
the costs of the things we won't be doing).

So the idea of 2008 is even more attractive because then we can
really focus on advertising and signing people up. So either way
we'll need a group of "hounds" like myself who will email people,
call people...we need a PR pro bono firm!

BUT! There's some new news...As of yesterday...we now have a DiGRA
parallel SIG that I'd like those of us who are researchers to really
take the lead on. This SIG is a co-IGDA-DiGRA effort and I think that
this is exciting! More soon on this!

Michelle