[games_access] Game Accessibility Conference

Ben Sawyer bsawyer at dmill.com
Thu May 24 11:01:39 EDT 2007

Baltimore for at least 2008 then we may move around a bit - it's yet
to be determined.

We will not be in the medical school we're going to the convention
center for the main part but we are also looking at using some of the
facilities at the medical school for pre-conference items like a day
on accessibility and a day on research processes/agenda development.

I think a combined effort with our group, IGDA, and others co-located
so we can absorb costs, etc. would be best.

What we envisioned was a day long event prior to our core-two days on
health.  Then as part of our core-Games for Health event we would
also do at least one session on accessibility for all attendees and
also have an accessibility section in our demo area including posters
and accessible demos.

What I'd like to do for a day long event is 1-2 tracks divided
between research oriented work, commercial/independent case studies,
and developer sessions (i.e. how-to).

My goal would be 100 attendees minimum.

What I was thinking was that we'd price it aggressively with a
portion of the funds from each ticket earmarked to the IGDA to
support funds for the SIG that would cover things like travel, GDC
tickets, etc.  All we'd want from the SIG is that you'd design the
program with input from us and that you'd help promote it, and that
the SIG members would introduce speakers, keep time, etc.  We would
handle all the logistics and general promotion.  We also need to work
more aggressively within the entire event (this and Games for Health)
to improve our own accessibility issues so we'd need some help with
that as well.

- Ben