[games_access] Ideas for GDC 2008

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri May 25 04:44:31 EDT 2007

I think this kind of thing can be effective. I know in this country D.A.N. (The Disability Action Network) handcuffed themselves to buses and the railings of parliament when they were protesting about the lack of access in public transport. I would say that transport is now a lot better in this country - not solely for their protests - but I think they helped sway oppinion. D.A.N. is very quiet/non-existant these days - but many of the activists from D.A.N. got absorbed by councils and so on with jobs where they could make changes from within. It would be great if more disabled people started to get jobs out of a GDC campaign and could make a difference in a similar way.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk