[games_access] Fwd: IBM, Accessibility & Second Life on radio 4

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 7 20:37:57 EST 2007

My cousin is a VP of development at IBM and has
been trying to search out some funding contacts
for accessibility in general -- it's been taking
a little while to figure out what the best
connection with them would be. Perhaps this is it.

A number of us (Eelke has a grant to create a
client accessible for the blind, I'm on an
advisory board as an external evaluator on
another grant focused on mobility disabilities)
are already involved in Second Life accessibility
projects from other funding agencies, which could
become conflict of interest.

But as Robert said, the question is what exactly
we would develop that they aren't already
developing? I can try and see if my cousin can
put us in touch with this project group from an
insider's perspective -- perhaps they might be
able to sponsor us in some way just in general or
in return for SIG work as evaluators of the tools.

Michelle