[games_access] FuturePlay 2007

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 11 19:05:56 EST 2007

Hi all --

Some good news I thought I'd share about FuturePlay that starts later
this week (http://www.futureplay.org) -- the accessibility workshop
that Kevin and I are doing has over 40 pre-registered attendees.
That's about 38 more people than usual for our all-day workshops. For
a small conference, this is pretty amazing -- especially since
attending our workshop means that they have chosen not to attend any
other session besides the keynote because the workshop is on day 1 of
2.5 days so there's a lot of competition coming up against us! Also
that number is especially impressive given that so many more people
*could* have attended our past GDC and Brighton versions of the
workshop but did not. I think we are starting to turn the corner! I
just have this feeling... :)

Anyway, I also wanted to let you know that Dimitris' "Game Over" (a
game to educate people about designing games for all) has made it to
the finals of the game competition and I will be presenting for him
at the awards show, as he had to be in a different continent for
another meeting this week. So cool! Nice to see it up for a
conference award! Finger's crossed for a win, everyone!

So that's two more big SIG announcements for the week! Yeah!