[games_access] CC in Games, and Reid's proposal

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Thu Oct 4 10:38:40 EDT 2007

Thanks. I remember editing the proposals to add in the distinction
between subtitles and captioning. I hope I did that because I meant to
after the feedback.

True, there are so many ways to improve CC for most media, (live
theater, music, TV, movies, games).

The four games are
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Sin Episodes: Episode 1

Pretty soon will be Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (October 10th)

Notice I'm not counting my Doom3[CC] mod. I'm only mentioning
commercially available games.

What's interesting is that Valve Software's Source engine provides
captioning for 80% of the games that are captioned (counting HL2:
Episode 2 to be released soon).

Deafgamers is great, I visit there often.