[games_access] E for All planning

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 8 20:39:30 EDT 2007

Eelke said:

>Okay here some of my equipment:
>- quad controller
>- one handed controller
>- split controller
>- I can bring a ps2/ps3/xbox360/wii (though i prefer not to bring the
>360/ps3 because of the weight).

Let's forget about the PS3 and I can bring the 360 if we decide we
need it -- I'm not sure that we do. It might be better to bring a
couple PS2's than one 360.

Things move fast when you are prepping for a convention/expo, as I've
found out so now there's an issue with power strips and carpet and
TVs and drapes for tables...labor unions and contract workers...etc,
etc, etc. Anyway, tomorrow I'm talking to someone else on the E for
All staff that will help me figure out which forms needed to be
filled out months ago. An expo is a totally different ballgame than a
conference like GDC. I imagine that this will make planning for the
GDC booth a lot easier but that's not helping me right now!

Bottom line? I won't know how much power and how many outlets and
table size options until mid-day tomorrow and then I teach.

I noticed on the wiki that you were planning to be there all 4 days
of the expo and possibly including the set up day on Wednesday.
That's very cool because the equipment is going to be covered by you,
me, and Eitan so we bring the show.

So if you bring two laptops (meaning two power outlets -- if you need
more, please tell me ASAP!!) and a console (meaning two power
outlets, including one for the TV I have to order), you'll need four
power outlets. I'm assuming you are flying so bringing a TV is
ridiculously out of the question. I know it is for me.

Assuming we can get two displays/TVs, I'll bring another PS2 (2
outlets) and a PC laptop (1 outlet).

That brings us to 7 power outlets. So what I need to know ASAP is:

Eitan -- how many power outlets will you need? will you need a TV?
can you bring one if you do or is this something I need to order?

Reid -- how many power outlets will you need? will you need a TV? I'm
pretty sure you were just bringing a laptop but I get things wrong
sometimes. :D

We'll most likely end up switching what's shown on each TV and laptop
very frequently because I really don't think we can really fit more
than one TV unless they are small.

So...wow...yeah...I don't even want to think about how much time GDC
and E for All has eaten into my schedule over the past two weeks.
Yeesh...