[games_access] E for All planning

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:36:20 EDT 2007

Hi michelle,

i'll bring my slimline ps2 + 1 mac + 1 windows machine so I need 3
plugs at most.
I can bring a powerstrip myself.

cheers Eelke

On 10/8/07, d. michelle hinn <hinn at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Eelke said:
>
> >Okay here some of my equipment:
> >- quad controller
> >- one handed controller
> >- split controller
> >- I can bring a ps2/ps3/xbox360/wii (though i prefer not to bring the
> >360/ps3 because of the weight).
>
> Let's forget about the PS3 and I can bring the 360 if we decide we
> need it -- I'm not sure that we do. It might be better to bring a
> couple PS2's than one 360.
>
> Things move fast when you are prepping for a convention/expo, as I've
> found out so now there's an issue with power strips and carpet and
> TVs and drapes for tables...labor unions and contract workers...etc,
> etc, etc. Anyway, tomorrow I'm talking to someone else on the E for
> All staff that will help me figure out which forms needed to be
> filled out months ago. An expo is a totally different ballgame than a
> conference like GDC. I imagine that this will make planning for the
> GDC booth a lot easier but that's not helping me right now!
>
> Bottom line? I won't know how much power and how many outlets and
> table size options until mid-day tomorrow and then I teach.
>
> I noticed on the wiki that you were planning to be there all 4 days
> of the expo and possibly including the set up day on Wednesday.
> That's very cool because the equipment is going to be covered by you,
> me, and Eitan so we bring the show.
>
> So if you bring two laptops (meaning two power outlets -- if you need
> more, please tell me ASAP!!) and a console (meaning two power
> outlets, including one for the TV I have to order), you'll need four
> power outlets. I'm assuming you are flying so bringing a TV is
> ridiculously out of the question. I know it is for me.
>
> Assuming we can get two displays/TVs, I'll bring another PS2 (2
> outlets) and a PC laptop (1 outlet).
>
> That brings us to 7 power outlets. So what I need to know ASAP is:
>
> Eitan -- how many power outlets will you need? will you need a TV?
> can you bring one if you do or is this something I need to order?
>
> Reid -- how many power outlets will you need? will you need a TV? I'm
> pretty sure you were just bringing a laptop but I get things wrong
> sometimes. :D
>
> We'll most likely end up switching what's shown on each TV and laptop
> very frequently because I really don't think we can really fit more
> than one TV unless they are small.
>
> So...wow...yeah...I don't even want to think about how much time GDC
> and E for All has eaten into my schedule over the past two weeks.
> Yeesh...
>
> Michelle

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com