[games_access] SIG Meetings RESCHEDULED for Friday (Sept 28)

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:42:35 EDT 2007

hi Michelle,

Could you send us an example proposal you put in last year for GDC so
we have an idea how such a proposal is written? e.g. does it need to
be very formal or is a "loose" style like we have on the wiki now
acceptable?

Cheers eelke

On 9/26/07, d. michelle hinn <hinn at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Back home with compazine for nausea...yeesch. What I'll do is put in a few
> submissions every day until they are all in and I'll start with ones that
> I've put in before like the Austin proposal. That way nothing is left to the
> last minute (or later late minute) -- I'm also letting CMP know that I'm
> sick, as they might be ok with anything that might be a day or half a day
> late as long as they know now why it might be late. They are pretty
> reasonable so I can't see us having a problem either way. Worst case, I'll
> cc: everyone in the loop with them if I am worse off tomorrow. Jason at IGDA
> can probably help as well if we need it -- I don't think we will but it's
> best to play things safe!
>

> For those in the US and/or familiar with the Lifetime TV Network for
> Women...my students suggested that I had enough drama for at least 5 seasons
> worth of a show on their network. Lol.
>

> Michelle
>

> Thanks for the update.  Stay strong and now that sounds funny the if you
> need a break in a guest take on October 1 is near can someone else do this
> stuff if you can't?
>
> Robert

> Hi again,
>
> I just told this to a fair number of people but I need to reschedule
> tonight's meeting and since I missed the earlier one too and am not sure
> anyone but Thomas made it, I'd like to try again for Friday. I'm dealing
> with side effects from the antibiotic I'm on now so I'm not sure if I'm
> better or worse off gauging by the way I feel at the moment.
>
> Yeah, Friday is not great, especially the evening meeting time (this is a
> better time for many of us in the US and the early morning time summer
> experiment was pretty much a disaster...the Friday part just isn't good) but
> I'm not sure what else to do right now and I'm supposed to teach all day
> tomorrow.
>
> I'll be reading email and trying to reply as fast as I can so if you have
> sent me something or are wanting to, please do. I'll be working on these all
> weekend so if you are involved in the GDC stuff, try and read your email a
> few times over the weekend!
>
> So here's the deal for Friday:
>
> Yes we have a TON to discuss and the clock is ticking -- October 1st is
> Monday and that's when the GDC time clock is up.
>
> On Friday, September 28, 2007, lets meet at 1pm (NYC time) with a second
> chance meeting at 8pm (NYT time)
>
> Check out
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html
> to find your local time. We'll see how these new times work out --
> regardless please try to make one or the other on the Wednesday so we can
> hear from everyone possible.
>
> As usual we'll meet on MSN. If you haven't attended before, add me
> (vrgrrl at hotmail.com -- not a working email address, btw) and then a few
> minutes before the meeting time I'll look for you and add you to the meeting
> [...]

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com