[games_access] GDC 2008 SIG proposal

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 30 18:00:36 EDT 2007

Thanks Kevin -- I was just working on that in Word. I think I'm going
to put Design and "Other" as track because there is no education
summit this year so we can't go that direction. I've also put in a
bid to IGDA to include this as a cross-SIG collaboration -- it might
go into the IGDA track better. But we'll put it through now to see if
it gets accepted or not.

The IGDA track is a totally separate deal -- you'll notice it's not
an option on the submission form. That's because that's where we
negotiate which SIGs/Committees get what sessions -- some of the
behind the scenes part of being chair. A few years ago I would put
our proposals in directly through them and that's how this worked.
Things have changed the last two years and now I (and all the other
SIG chairs) put everything through the regular system. Then if
everything blows up in our faces I can then petition for a "second
chance" or an alternative combo of 5 rejected proposals into one type
thing through the IGDA.

Michelle