[games_access] Volunteers Wanted for Research : Second Life for the Blind

Gareth White garethrwhite at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:33:46 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm a researcher at the University of Sussex in the UK, and I've been
looking into the accessibility of Second Life for blind and severely
visually impaired users.

For the next stage of our project we want to conduct a round of interviews
and are now looking for volunteers to participate, who must be 18 years or
older. We'd like to take 30 minutes of your time for a voice chat to hear
about your experiences of getting around in the real world, and any
experiences you have of doing so in virtual worlds. The aim is to direct our
further work developing interaction techniques for blind users in Second
Life.

For more information please read the Explanatory
Statement<http://www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/users/gw43/publications/The%20Accessibility%20of%20Second%20Life%20for%20Blind%20Users/Explanatory%20Statement.doc>and
Consent
Form<http://www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/users/gw43/publications/The%20Accessibility%20of%20Second%20Life%20for%20Blind%20Users/Consent%20Form.doc>.

If you'd like to participate please send an email to G.White at sussex.ac.uk,
confirming that you've read both of these documents and agree to the
conditions listed in the consent form.

You can read more about the project on our
blog<http://blindsecondlife.blogspot.com/>
Research Fellow, DPhil Student.
Interact Lab, Human-Centred Technology Group, Department of Informatics,
School of Science and Technology.

Chichester 3R253
University of Sussex
Falmer