[games_access] Blizzard, WoW, and Accessibility Concerns

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Tue Feb 12 15:16:17 EST 2008

Hello all,

it's great that we get attention from CEO's and COO's - that's the
level of attention we really need. Perhaps we can start bringing their
companies together with other big players sometime soon to form what
was the original idea before the SIG was formally started - a Game
Accessibility Consortium - similar to the W3C. That would be very,
very nice. Then we would have all the funding we could ever need, and
game access would be part of all game devs, and the SIG members would
be rich and famous from their expertise (OK, I'm dreaming a bit...)

just to add a bit to the list of stuff going on; I've got an article
accepted by Adobe to publish on their developer forum soon, where I
also release some source code from Terraformers.

Regarding GAIM; currently integrating Michael Ellis' stuff into GAIM,
will publish it soon

/Thomas