[games_access] Blizzard, WoW, and Accessibility Concerns

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Thu Feb 14 18:12:31 EST 2008

Hello Michelle

you know you have my deepest respect for all the work you  put into
the SIG and I think it's great what you and Ben has done on the
financial side

I don't want to splinter the group - rather I would see the consortium
thing as an extension to the SIG, a strong partner from which both the
SIG members and the companies can win

Yes I also realise it's a long road before we can get a consortium
become real, but talking to those executives we have contact with is a
good way to plant some seeds for this. I'm not saying we should focus
on this now as a SIG but I'm trying to live up to my part of the
Industry committee, I have so far done efforts with Adobe with the
article I mentioned. Don't worry, although I may sound enthusiastic
I'm also careful about bandwidth as you put it; we must push forward
slowly  - hey it's been five years soon and we're still around
pushing :) but setting the goal high helps reaching the moon.

The UML thing (GAIM) is in itself independent of the final
implementation; i.e it's not necessary (for me, at this point) to get
the console companies to have final implementation code; rather they
can choose to use the GAIM (when it's released in a first, public
version) to generate code which they can and must adapt to their
specific platforms - unless of course we get direct access to their
development platform and can code it ourselves - which is hard without
big money or deep, established contacts with the companies involved -
which would also be a benefit from a consortium

Anyhow, I'll stop my dreaming now and get back to work... or sleep

Sweet dreams :)

/Thomas