[games_access] The ALERT Project is Finally Out

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 27 17:24:08 EST 2008

John -- this is great! I know a lot of teachers in Illinois who will
benefit from this and I am about to speak to an audience of special
education teachers in the state next week about gaming and special
education so this is fantastic timing!

Also, the American Educational Research Association meeting is coming
up soon and I will see if some colleagues will add this to their
talks on technology and education. We should talk about putting in a
proposal for that conference for next year. There are also a few
other education conferences I know about who would be very interested
in this. I've spoken at these conferences before -- they are very
different than gaming conferences but this is exactly the audience
for this.

I also know a lot of folks who are involved with special education at
the US national level -- would you be interested in a co 7-128/SIG
press release that went to those folks in particular? I have a whole
database full of state contacts for the US as well as the UK. If so,
let me know and we'll work out the details. I'm always happy to help
out the education folks -- they have had budget hit after budget hit
and a free resource like ALERT will be GREATLY appreciated. So they
need to hear about this! I'd be glad to help out in this way.

I'm sure that Lynn (on this list) will be thrilled when she reads
your announcement as well!

Michelle