[games_access] A quick introduction

Bryan b-peterson at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 19:00:07 EST 2008

Hi,
  Well some of you probably know me if you're subscribed to the Audyssey list. But for those who aren't, my name's Brya Peterson. I'm not currently an accessible game dev, but since it's an interest that's slowly grabbed my attention over the years and still refuses to let go of it again, I thought this would be a good place to come. As I've said before, though I'm not a developer I would like to try at some point to learn to develop games that are accessible at least to the blind, being a member of that community myself. Unfortunately, the kinds of games I'd like to see developed seem to be quite beyond the scope of our urrent list of devs. Not necessarily in terms of their skills but certainly beyond what any of them seems to be willing to attempt. My problem though is finding materials that can even begin to make the concepts of programing begin to make sense to me. Sure I wouldn't be developing a truly accessible audio RPG anytime soon, but that's one of my goals. But anyway, I thought I'd write and introduce myself since I just joined the list not long ago.
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.