[games_access] question game definition

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sat Apr 18 03:34:14 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

Richard wrote:
> What I find much more
> interesting, concerning a definition, is whether or not exergames are
> specifically designed games to stimulate exercise. Or is this just a
> category and do exergames include any game in which physical exercise is
> involved?

This is also very interesting.
The problem is that we have exergame expert who have different opinions.
Most of the experts started with exergaming as computer games for exercise.
We have exergame that are made for exercise.
Exergames that have a gameplay that provide exercise.
Exergames that provide exercise because they want to increase the immersion.
We have a mix of everything that is possible.

For example "Demor": This can also be an exergame.
But I do not think that it was developed for exercise.

Blind Hero can also be called an exergame.
For example for person who have to train their hands.

Best regards,
Sandra