[games_access] Question eSport and cheating

Matthias Troup foreversublime at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:25:35 EDT 2009

The best you could do is something similar to bowling or golf where you have a ("for fun") league where people play with point spreads (point handicaps).

eSports and Profressional Gamers, and sports in general, are standardized.  Creating variations would not be beneficial for the players (who have no control in the rules) or the sport itself - especially if there's money involved.

Cheating is fair only for the person needing the cheat and nobody else.  Games as sports aren't meant to be fair.  People have different skills that unbalance the play field.  That's how people win and others lose - which is the purpose of the sport in the first place.