[games_access] More from Barrie on One Switch/Button

D. Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 10 12:43:41 EST 2009

Also, they prohibit the use of any of the "sticks" you see on the
controller that can be pressed down as buttons but also be used for
direction -- that's the easiest explanation I can think of about the
Gamma IV rule change you mention, Sandra.

For programmers to grasp, yes, I would hope that an interchangeable
word could work...but, hey, with Heather mentioning that they have
gotten overloaded with emails about this and that, which could be
used as "cheats" then I guess I don't blame their caution about
starting another load of it by adding in the word "switch." :)

I can imagine all the "oh, can we use one of those as another button
to do other stuff????" questions. I do have to feel for
them...sometimes opening up even the simplest of contests as we did
about 4 years ago can bring with it a HOST of questions, making you
feel like "what did I get myself into?" I can't imagine hosting
something like this!!! :)

Michelle