[games_access] eeping Southpaw, Legacy and Customizable Game Controls Alive ?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 24 14:49:18 EST 2009

An example is when I worked on Halo, they were
not going to include the controls that people
were used to from older first person shooters
(like GoldenEye) until we could gather enough
evidence to convince the team that they needed to
include it whether they liked it or not. So they
have both the "legacy" and their own control
scheme, although most people I know immediately
go to "legacy" controls in the controller set up.
Basically the Halo scheme was completely backward
from what the "legacy" FPS games where like so
they compromised by giving people the choice.

Michelle