[games_access] New one button game?

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Wed Jan 28 12:38:06 EST 2009

Osmos is a new game, currently in Alpha I think (meaning it can change
based on feedback)

http://www.hemispheregames.com/?page_id=17

Take a look at the video to get a sense for the gameplay. It's a bit
like Flow, you try to become bigger so you can eat others. You play by
aiming your mouse behind your avatar and then left clicking to push it
forward.

This isn't strictly one button since it requires mouse controls, but
does anyone think this could be made to be strictly one-button and if
so, how?

Here's one idea:
1. The mouse cursor is locked to an orbit around your avatar.
2. The locked mouse cursor rotates around your avatar continuously
3. You hit the button to propel yourself forward and at the same time
the locked mouse cursor begins rotating around your avatar in the
opposite direction

Any others?

This made me realize that with switch devices it uses two types of
accessibility; hardware and game design.

-Reid