[games_access] teaching accessibility

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Fri Jul 17 10:40:21 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas (or is it Siobhan?)

I do have a big mindmap with lots of nice features that can help.

The IGDA GA-SIG does have a whitepaper.
But I do not have the link at the moment.

To learn about game accessibility:
* you can play Game Over! http://www.ua-games.gr/game-over/
* you can play Terrestrial invaders http://www.ua-games.gr/ti/ (it is important to read the manual)
* you can try out audio games: http://audiogames.net/

It also can help to play a mainstream game with another point of view:
* without speaker
* wit only one hand
* without both hands
* with feets
* without feets
* play with screen off
(the whole list I have at home)

Michelle is at the GDCE ?

I think it is very important to teach besides the disabilities,
also about the "situational disabilities".
That are examples who people without disabilities can become disabled in special situations.
I can send you a list, when you like (I have it at home).

Best regards,
Sandra