[games_access] teaching accessibility

Ashley Canning ashley.canning at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:12:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am currently developing an accessable game with our team Rubix Studios.
There have been some various articles written on the subject, most are very
dated. (1994) Some things I can advise you to take a look at are:

Physical:
1) Inputs (avoiding analog sticks as some homebrew devices (ie..one switch)
do not support the use)
2) Simple controls
3) Adjustable game speeds (for all aspects of game play)

Visual:
1) Adjustable/changeable font sizes and colours. (for visual impairments)
2) Possible game play involving sound

Auditory
1) Subtitles
2) Vibration controllers

Other than the above a high level of user to game to user feedback should be
available this is quite important in understanding the game environment.

Any other questions, do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks
Ashley Canning
Rubix Studios.