[games_access] from Spain

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:07:21 EDT 2009

Hello Javier,

There's been talks over a system of icons to rate accessibility within the GASIG but it has yet to turn into anything solid. For your information, Atari used this in the early 1980's:

Not really all that appropriate these days. Namco have very recently used the universal symbol of disability - similar to this - to mark out their accessibility feature in Star Trigon for the PC:

Although this is often named the universal symbol of disability - it's not really representative of many disabilities. It is very well known however around the world.

What would be needed though to represent the main features? Several icons - or just one? A graded ratings system? A linked web-site with a break down of what each games accessibility features are and how good they are?

Lots of questions...

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk