[games_access] Forza 3 - One Button Mode

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 03:04:37 EST 2009

Forza 3 mini-review up on-line here:

http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/2009/11/forza-3-one-button-mode.html

Bit of a shame, as the one button mode Take 10 promised for Forza 3, hasn't really surfaced. However, it does have some great accessibility features, such as auto-braking and on-screen racing line indication. It's one of the most accessible racers out there, but could still have been much better with very little extra effort. Feels like progress though.

I think we should collate a list of mainstream games with deliberate accessibility features. We can easily throw it up on the blog until we've got to grips with the new web-site. Here's a start:

Forza 3 (Take 10 - Xbox 360) - casual mode - includes auto-braking - difficulty level adjust - on-screen racing line and speed guide
Half-Life 2 (Valve - PC) - closed-captions
Peggle (PopCap - PC) - colour-blind option
Star Trigon (Namco - PC) - accessibility mode enables full one-switch access

Barrie