[games_access] cognitive, click and point games

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue Oct 20 16:32:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just played Jack Keane and demo of the whispered world.
The puzzles are very difficult and need lots of time.

Besides cognitive also people with "less time" could benefit
from much easier puzzles or more tips.

I do not remind it: were all click and point games so difficult.
I do remind that some old games were fun, because of some stupid puzzles.
But now I have less time and I do not like difficult puzzles any more.

It would be great when the player would get everything he need ingame.
E.g. hints when talking to other people, a paper (item) that contains some
hints
or some hints that can be accessed in the game options.

I am also wondering if it is possible to build click and point games for
blind:
e.g. use the keyboard to access everything, more Audio information

The whispered world has a "magic" button: everything that is interactive
become highlighted
But they missed to subtitle the introduction :-(
I also like it that the focused dialogs you chose are highlighted.

I wrote to Deck13 (Jack Keanne). They answered they will forward my email to
the designer.
I have the feeling, they never heard about game accessibility.

Do we have some good examples for accessible click and point games?
It would be great, when we could have more "terrestrial invaders" for more
genres :-)

Best regards,
Sandra