[games_access] developing system for hearing impaired

"~:'' ありがとうございました "~:'' ありがとうございました
Tue Sep 1 09:51:34 EDT 2009

Karen.

nothing anonymous about my comment...
I'm well known on this list and don't always remember to add a
signature.

if you use mail.app you may notice an "icon system that illustrates
what sound effects are occuring"

in fact I developed and was using such a system in 2001, you can try a
more recent version from 2004 here:
http://www.peepo.co.uk it links to a large number of games with audio
and icons....
iirc batman comics used to use pow bash etc...

I remain skeptical as you neither describe what aspects you consider
patentable, nor provide a link for those interested, or wishing to
object.

regards

~:"

On 1 Sep 2009, at 13:25, Karen Collins wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Javier. We have also built a black and

> white version for that very reason.

> As for the anonymous comment about "patent pending" I honestly

> understand the skepticism--to many people it might raise a red flag

> that we're out to make money. Unfortunately having "commercializable

> IP" is a requirement now for most funding bodies in Canada (e.g.

> NSERC, C4, etc.). It was a *requirement* to file a patent

> application in order to get funds to build and test this project.

> Anybody who knows me, however, knows I'm not out to make money.

> Trust me, if I wanted to get rich, I wouldn't have become an

> academic! I don't even control the IP: the university owns it. My

> goal is to help people, however I can.

> Karen

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd at btinternet.com