[games_access] misunderstanding of game accessibility

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sat Sep 12 12:27:36 EDT 2009

Hello all,

did you also make the experience that the whole
game accessibility and sometimes part of it are  misunderstood?

I think it is not easy to explain. I hope I can write an
easy to understand article in the future.

It is hard to explain that it is not only for people with disabilities.
And "one button start" is also misunderstood.
Also that game do not need a screen to be a game is misunderstood.

I think the best way is to have an article about it
and just send the link, otherwise it would always take too much energy :-(

I have one positive message :-)
I wrote an article about audiogames "playing without graphic".
The owner of the online platform told me that there was a high interest in the article.
And he got lots of positive feedback. At an event about innovative gameplay we will
present some audiogames :-)

Best regards,
Sandra