[games_access] [CC] - was Conference in Barcelona

Eleanor Robinson eleanor at 7128.com
Mon Dec 13 12:44:54 EST 2010

On 12/12/2010 2:24 PM, Sandra Uhling wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know what is the best term?
>
> Is Closed Captioning only for optional text or does it include also other
> alternative presentation of sound? (inclusive force feedback?)
>
> When not, maybe the term "Sound Alternative" is better?
> Sound Alternative includes [CC], icons, graphics and force feedback, ... ?
>
> Best regards,
> Sandra
As far as I know the term closed captioning includes information about
all pertinent sounds that are present in the movie or game.  For
example, if there were sounds from the underbrush on the right, the
caption bar would indicate what the sounds are and where from.

Sub-titles on the other hand only include reproducing speech components.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software