[games_access] Game Controller Brain Storming

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:54:53 EST 2010

Hi Aaron,

Definitely the split controller is of benefit to a number of people who can't bring their hands together closely (see this guy in Japan who uses his on PS2, PS3 and PC - http://uetora.blog112.fc2.com/blog-entry-95.html).

Some people find using sticky pads helps to make the D-pad more accessible, or use thumb-stick extensions/adaptations: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

Those HORI Separate controllers are currently exceptionally rare. However, SplitFish have some alternatives (PS3/PC/Mac) here: http://www.splitfish.com/

It's not perfect for making comparisons, but the Accessible Gaming Shop here: http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/1/AGS.htm - has a good list of many accessible controllers.

Cheers,