[games_access] Gamasutra: Analysis: Game DesignAccessibilityMatters , Usability, Accessibility

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Sun Jan 10 16:09:15 EST 2010

I ditto Thomas.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Westin
  Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [games_access] Gamasutra: Analysis: Game DesignAccessibilityMatters , Usability, Accessibility

  Hi,

  I see it this way: accessibility doesn't have anything to do with if you have a disability or not (anyone can be disabled in certain contexts). It is all about the context, and adapting that context to make the content accessible (input and output).

  Usability is about making the interface easier to use, more intuitive etc - which of course is also an accessibility issue so there is overlap too. But still, accessibility is about changing the context so you can get or send the information in some way or another, easy or not.

   I think the fine line between usability and accessibility may be described as when it becomes too hard to use at all, usability issues becomes accessibility issues.

  /Thomas