[games_access] GDC-Europe, GamesCom

Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 18 12:55:33 EDT 2010

They (not VDVC but GDC/GamesCom) are a tricky group. We, too, were invited to both but they axed us at the last minute at GDC Europe due to cutting back on two entire strand groups (they only have two concurrent sessions now)...oh well, I'll be back from China just a couple days before so a trip to Germany right after? Not so good for me!! :) But I'll see many of you in Redmond/Seattle in early September!

Let's all think about how we can do something as a collective for both next year -- I think that if we come representing many groups, we will go far! We all may differ in our philosophies but that's what makes all of us great collaborators. It wouldn't be helpful for accessibility if we didn't present what we know now while keeping a look out for how to take things further through discussion and sharing of ideas.

BTW, are you all still accepting donations for your one of a kind posters? If so, please post the information. Folks, I bought one! It's a great poster and, of course, a great cause. :)

BTW part two -- Catch AbleGamers at PAX in September!

Cheers all!
Michelle