[games_access] Game accessibility survey journal article

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:21:44 EDT 2010

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it along to Bei.

On 05/07/2010, Steve Spohn <steve at ablegamers.com> wrote:

> Actually 7-128 software and the AbleGamers foundation put out a white paper
> on those statistics which can be found at
> http://www.aging.ablegamers.org

Good point. Unfortunately this whitepaper came out a few weeks ago and
our paper had been accepted for publication sometime in November of
2009, upon which we were unable to include new material.

> As a side note, I find one thing disheartening about research papers is that
> I have gotten to know several thousand disabled gamers in my multiple year
> career fighting for disability, as I'm sure many of you have. Yet, these
> type of papers tend to lump gamers into generalized categories that are only
> vaguely accurate at best.

I understand your point. However, as game accessibility is a
relatively young field, rather than coming up with our own categories,
we follow guidelines as set out by the community of universal access
researchers see:
http://www.sigaccess.org/community/writing_guidelines/

Best Eelke