[games_access] Game Accessibility Info Package - Our Definition of Game Accessibility

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue Jul 27 13:23:38 EDT 2010

Hello,

It would be great, to update the "old" definition. I could do it myself.
But I prefer to decide this with you all. I do prefer when we all use the
same definition.

# Old version:
"Game Accessibility can be defined as the ability to play a game even when
functioning under limiting conditions.
Limiting conditions can be functional limitations, or disabilities - such as
blindness, deafness, or mobility limitations."   IGDA GA-SIG

# added cognitive
"Game Accessibility can be defined as the ability to play a game even when
functioning under limiting conditions.
Limiting conditions can be functional limitations, or disabilities - such as
blindness, deafness, mobility or cognitive limitations."   IGDA GA-SIG

Depending on the categories, we maybe have to change this. But I do not know
how to add "speech" and silver gaming.

# Some possible adds: [description is still very bad]
[I would like to point out that non-disabled gamers can sometimes be limited
too.
And that there are more "groups"/type of gamers who benefit of it: busy
gamer, silver gamer, beginner.
Additional I think it is important that it can enhance the usability and
sometimes hardcore gamers benefit too.]

This includes also non-disabled gamer, who can also sometimes be limited to
play a game.

GA is for people with a disability, but with GA you support all gamers up to
hardcore gamers. Sometimes also hardcore gamers benefit of it.

Best regards,
Sandra