[games_access] Game Accessibility Info Package - Our Definition of Game Accessibility

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Tue Jul 27 17:38:18 EDT 2010

Yes, however I think it is important to consider the target group though.

For the IGDA - the target group is developers - I think it is important to stress that implementing accessibility can help every one and as such it should motivate the cost to do it. That is why I came up with the proposed definition.

Sheryl's reference to WHO is good but I think it is meant for a different target group - health organizations, and of course disabled. But who is disabled or abled... I have a stress fracture in my left foot since 2.5 years, now and then it hurts so I can barely walk, but right now it is fine. Some times I might play games which requires the use of my foot, some times not. Am I abled or disabled?

What I mean is we must consider who we write the definition for. Within the IGDA I think we should focus on developers.

Best wishes,
Thomas Westin

-- Do(), there is no try{}