[games_access] Game Accessibility Info Package - Our Definition of Game Accessibility

Eleanor eleanor at 7128.com
Tue Jul 27 17:37:50 EDT 2010

Sandra

If a description of anyone can be disabled goes badly in Germany, how
about something like:

 "Conditions such as injury or disease process might make someone
disabled temporarily or permanently.  Accessibility accommodations in
game software will allow them to play a game regardless of their
impairment."

This accounts for older gamers and for people who are injured and are
temporarily unable to play games normally.

The other issue I see is that many people have multiple handicaps and
any listing of types of disability should include that as a disability
type.

Also I consider speech impediments and learning disabilities such as
dyslexia as types of cognitive impairments.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software