[games_access] Games to Demo Physical / Sensory /Cognitive Impairments

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sat Nov 20 07:53:50 EST 2010

Hi,

Barrie your list is also very good!

Mock-up Heavy Rain:
Reid has also the original video that can help to see the difference.

Deaf-Gamers: Why subtitle are not enough?
Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands (Xbox360)
They made the story alternative: dialogs

But they forgot some also important parts:
* Dialogs of mystic language! (in my opinion belongs do dialogs)
* NPC!: a prisoner says something, but this does not have subtitle
* Voices in combat or movements

For all this example there is something very important to note:
Of course not games can often not be accessible to all.
But it is very important that we make them accessible as possible.
The key is to play together. Of course we could make special games.
But it is very important that they are able to enjoy the game their friends
enjoy.

And maybe it would be good to explain them that their games(!) are also
Very important in the health sector. They can bring kids back to smile.
Give them new hope and have a better live.
E.g. rehabilitation is very boring, but also very important.
Games can have an amazing impact on the motivation of the patients.

Best regards,
Sandra