[games_access] Call for Nominations - IGDA Game Accessibility SIG Elections

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Tue Oct 5 00:46:23 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

The time has come for nominations for the Game Accessibility SIG's
Steering Committee. We have a shiny new set of procedures to follow as
prescribed by the IGDA Board in order to formalize the SIG. Those of you
interested in running for the Game Accessibility SIG Steering Committee
should thoroughly read the information below and, if you agree to abide
by all of the requirements, email your self-nomination form to me at
sheri at designdirectdeliver.com by or before October 15th, 2010.  If you
have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Happy elections!
Sheri

--
*Sheri Rubin*
CEO and Founder

*Design Direct Deliver*
Website: www.designdirectdeliver.com <http://www.designdirectdeliver.com>
Email: sheri at designdirectdeliver.com <mailto:sheri at designdirectdeliver.com>

*IGDA GAME EDUCATION SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP ELECTION INFORMATION
*
*/Call for Nominations
/*
The Game Accessibility Special Interest Group's Steering Committee shall
supervise and control the business, property, and affairs of the SIG,
except as otherwise expressly provided by law, the IGDA SIG Reference
Manual, or the IGDA Bylaws. The officers of the SIG shall consist of a
Chair, a Steering Committee of at least three (3) members (which
includes the Chair), and a Content Manager (who can also be a steering
committee member). The SIG shall have such other officers as the
Steering Committee may deem necessary and such officers shall have the
authority prescribed by the Committee. One person may hold more than one
office.

/*Election Timeline
*/
The following schedule will be followed for the election process
(specific dates will be announced as soon as they are available):

    * A call for nominations and request for candidate statements.
      (October 4th, 2010)
    * Nominations closed. All nominations must be received by this date.
      Must be a member by this date to participate in the vote. (October
      15th, 2010)
    * Nominees' statements will be posted on the website. (October 15th
      - October 17th, 2010)
    * Elections start. Nominees can make posts to mailing list/forums
      addressing their nomination. (October 18th, 2010)
    * Deadline for holding the election. The SIG must hold its election
      meeting by first of the year; must provide notice of the election
      on the SIG Mailing List; and must allow nominees to address the
      Mailing List prior to the vote. Votes will be cast using the IGDA
      website (more info to come later). Ballots are compiled
      electronically. The winner will be announced by email within one
      week of the close of the election period. (Elections End October
      29th, 2010)
    * Newly elected Steering Committee Members officially take office.
      (November 1st, 2010)
    * Steering Committee Members discuss and appoint a chair and
      announce results to SIG. (November 8th, 2010)

/*Qualification for Office
*/

   1. Must be a member of the IGDA in good standing for one (1) full year.
   2. Must agree to abide by the Leadership (Board of Directors) Code of
      Ethics found here:
      http://www.igda.org/sites/default/files/IGDA_Board_Code-of-Ethics.pdf
   3. The nominee must have read the IGDA SIG Reference Manual and agree
      to be bound by its terms. The manual can be found here:
      http://www.igda.org/sites/default/files/IGDA_SIG_Reference_Manual_Rev020609.pdf
      <http://www.igda.org/sites/default/files/IGDA_SIG_Reference_Manual_Rev020609.pdf>.

*Note: *For this first term the qualifications have been modified
slightly so that you need only be a member in good standing for one (1)
full year. In future terms you will need to have been a member in good
standing for two (2) full consecutive years.

/*Level of Commitment
*/
Approximately 2 - 3 hours per month.  Meetings will be held online (with
some potential meetings at conferences)

*Note: *For this first term it will be slightly lengthened and service
will last from November 1st through November 30th, 2012. All subsequent
terms will be two full-year terms. For example, the next term would run
from December 1st, 2012 to November 30th, 2014. This is to help us
slowly transition to the desired timeline without impeding running
elections.

/*Member Nominations
*/
Any member who meets the qualifications above may nominate himself - or
herself - for election, by following the procedure below.

_/Candidate Statements
/_
Each candidate will have the opportunity to prepare a statement that
will be published to the IGDA web site and emailed to SIG members as
part of the election materials. This statement may be no more than 400
words long. Any statements longer than 400 words will be returned to the
candidate and the candidate will be asked to provide a shorter one. If
no statement of 400 words or less is provided before the close of
nominations, the election materials will state that no statement was
provided. Candidates are advised to maintain a professional tone and
focus their statements on their personal philosophy, priorities and
goals for the SIG (e.g., 3/4 of statement). It is acceptable for
candidates to provide some background on themselves (e.g., 1/4 of
statement).

Candidates must send their statements to Sheri Rubin or
sheri at designdirectdeliver.com, on or before the close of nominations
(October 15th). No candidateв's statement will be edited for any reason.
However, the elections coordinator reserves the right to request edits
or revisions if it is deemed that a candidateв's statement contains
inaccuracies, false statements, or inappropriate language or content.

_/Withdrawal
/_
Candidates who want to withdraw from the election before the election
materials are emailed to members should notify Sheri at
sheri at designdirectdeliver.com prior to the election meeting.

_/IGDA Nomination Application
/_
Please read and complete the following nomination form and return it to
Sheri Rubin at sheri at designdirectdeliver.com by or before October 15th,
2010.

I hereby nominate myself, (Full Legal Name), for election to serve as a
Steering Committee Member of the Game Accessibility Special Interest
Group (SIG) of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA). In
consideration of my being accepted as a candidate, I certify that:

- I have read the SIG Reference Manual of the IGDA, and I agree to abide
by its terms throughout my term of office;

- I have read the IGDA Leadership Code of Ethics and agree to abide by
its terms throughout my term of office;

- I meet the qualifications for Steering Committee Member of the Game
Accessibility SIG of the IGDA as specified in the manual; and

- I understand the significance of being a Steering Committee Member and
accept the responsibility of governing the IGDA Game Accessibility SIG.

Name (please be aware that typing your name here constitutes a signature):

Email Address:

_