[games_access] Request to all active members

Eleanor eleanor at 7128.com
Sat Sep 4 07:46:06 EDT 2010

  Hi Sandra:

  I am Eleanor Robinson, COO 7-128 Software.  We make family-friendly,
casual games that are as accessible as we can make them.  They are
"games for everyone".

I have spoken at the Games for Health Conferences and have been active
in trying to promote accessibility in games.  Stephanie Walker from
AbleGamers and I did a white paper this spring titled Gaming on a
Collision Course.  We tried to make a case that as the current
game-playing population aged, there would need to be accessibility
accommodations included in games to help the expected 40% of the over-65
age group that would have one or more disabilities.  This would also
help the non-elderly disabled as well.

We, at 7-128 Software plan to continue to make accessible games for
computers and maybe other platforms.  We will continue to support the
SIG and making accessibility a more common consideration for game
developers to include in their games.

Eleanor