[games_access] My vision of an accessible Xbox

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Wed Sep 8 05:06:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

this is only a brainstorming. I hope it does help.
(Here are only the first steps.)

Most important points:
* Kinect AND Gamepad  (not OR)
* Xbox menu and game menus - accessible as possible
* It is inclusion (not integration)

# Kinect AND Gamepad:
I see the gamepad as additional type of input for Kinect.
There are some gamer who need (want) a gamepad!

Notes:
You need very good PR and Marketing why an "Exergame" still supports a
gamepad.
Of course everything is reconfigurable and (maybe it can be mixed).

Questions:
Is it possible to have a "head" or "eye" tracking with Kinect?

# Xbox menu and game menu:
* One Button (automatic scanning, configurable speed)
* Gamepad
* Voice (also as one button solution)
* one hand
* one foot (dance pad or buttons are lower on screen)
* ...
(e.g. Terrestrial Invaders www.ua-games.gr/ti)

Maybe here you can support the developers?
* Design Pattern, library, examples, ...
* Some Information about it: why, what to avoid ...

# Inclusion:
Integration: people are able to play a game
Inclusion: people can play the same game together!
= Try to make games accessible as possible

Little bit off-topic:
* "Controller-less" ?
* Is it possible to add elements to the skeleton?
* e.g. training to use the "white cane" for blind people?

Best regards,
Sandra