[games_access] Advice for a Hidden Object Game?

Charlie Jackson charlie at cataclysmicgames.com
Thu Apr 21 20:34:30 EDT 2011

Hello!

I am making a Hidden Object type game for kids for an
experimentalgameplay.com challenge (the theme is Clones, and the idea is to
make a game in a one-week period based on the theme, they do it monthly). My
fiancee's sister gave me the idea to make a Hidden Object type game for
young kids who cannot read yet. They love to play them, but can't read what
they're supposed to find, so they can't play without her around to read the
list off to them, so the idea was to put pictures of what is to be found. I
also figured that voicing the choices when the player hovers over it would
make it easier, as well as perhaps help to learn to read.

I am posting this here, though, to ask if there were any other possible
accessibility ideas to integrate. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Charlie Jackson

Keep up to date with everything going on, "Like" The Critterverse on
Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Critterverse/151620901536271

Or just get the major updates, subscribe to the newsletter here and check
out The Critterverse all at the same time: http://www.thecritterverse.com