[games_access] Looking for One Switch Games thoughts...

Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 28 14:52:49 EDT 2011

Barrie's definitely your best source for additional one switch info.

As for the Gamma 4 competition -- Barrie and I were both really frustrated with this, as we'd contacted them and the organizers didn't seem to want to "confuse" the contest with pointing out that this was a long time accessibility design concern. Barrie created a great guide to help contestants and we'd hoped that there might be at least a "special merit" award for the contestant that did the best job of creating the most accessible one switch game...but the organizers also didn't go for that. So that was a big opportunity lost, IMHO, for the Gamma contest organizers to create something greater than their original plan.

Disappointing, to say the least but I am glad that you got the chance to talk with some of the developers and help spread some knowledge! :)

Michelle