[games_access] [SPAM 4] Game Accessibility and Hardware

Thomas Westin thomasw at dsv.su.se
Tue Dec 6 11:03:12 EST 2011

the term accessibility is used in many contexts and means different things, so it is only a matter of which definition you use

using the definition defined by the SIG in the 2004 white paper:
Game Accessibility can be defined as the ability to play a game even when functioning under limiting conditions. Limiting conditions can be functional limitations, or disabilities — such as blindness, deafness, or mobility limitations.

the text says "Limiting conditions can be..." which does not exclude other factors than disabilities - such as things in the environment e.g. gray colors, small display etc.

Mvh / Best regards
Thomas Westin
Stockholm University :: dsv.su.se :: +46 73-707 86 86