[games_access] Mainstream developers do listen!

Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 8 11:07:02 EST 2011

Nice! I had to add a comment to one poster who hoped GA would be talked about at GDC this year -- it is and has been since at least 2001 but the real results have come from the constant networking to raise awareness and other works from groups like the SIG, AbleGamers, Special Effect, GameFWD, and other groups along with determined individuals who have been advocating for themselves.

Great story! I'm glad that they are determined to make changes NOW -- some posters wondered why they didn't do it from the start. To me, it's more important that they are committed to making the changes NOW when they could simply have said "oh, well, we'll do this in our future games" only to see that not happen...so good for them! :)

Michelle