[games_access] An emotional Response to Kinect not "seeing" people in wheel chairs.

sheryl Flynn sherylflynn at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 11:30:05 EST 2011

Oddly enough- this is not our experience. See this
video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJijspdQuc&feature=share

We use the same camera as Microsoft uses.  So...it CAN track just the
arms....its not a problem with the tracking system at all.  As you all know, we
work every day to make games accessible and included in the rehab process for
people with disabilities...and I think Microsoft should be applauded for having
the conversation with us in September to address some of the issues.  I'm sure
the next wave of games they come out with will have alternative options for
tracking.

Happy New Year!!!!
 ~Sheryl Flynn PT, PhD
www.games4rehab.org