[games_access] IGDA Website Problems

Ryan Arndt ryan at igda.org
Wed Jan 12 14:36:38 EST 2011

there are other options as well, ie if there is a separate site (as some sigs such as WIGSIG do) a redirect can be done.

The issue I am able to deal with is paid member access to SIGs (whether student, core lifetime etc). Free members are not as high up on the list as they do not have a full membership. Its coming together slowly, for sure.

Its a site wide problem with role permissions per membership type that is the bug, and that is being worked on as I type this. Im all for it being solved as I have to edit each member individually, which is not a small bit of work. Thanks for bringing it up and I will keep you posted.

But yes, send paid members who get that evil looking error message if trying to access "members only" my way and I will help get them sorted.

Ryan
On 2011-01-12, at 11:28 AM, Michelle Hinn wrote:

> You should also ask the people trying to join who haven't join the listserv for their information as well -- if they didn't also join this list then they won't get this message!

> Michelle

> On Jan 12, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Tara Tefertiller wrote:

>> Actually, how about everyone email me their user name and email address (off list so we don't spam everyone's inbox) and I will send Ryan 1 email that is easier for him keep track of.

>> Thanks Ryan!

>> Tara

>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Ryan Arndt <ryan at igda.org> wrote:

>> Tara, it's a website bug. Please have them email me with their site username and email address on the account and I can adjust it for them.

>> Each one must be individually adjusted so please know that it takes some time.

>> Ryan

>> Sent from my iPhone

>> On 2011-01-12, at 9:54 AM, Tara Tefertiller <ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org> wrote:

>> > Hey Everyone,

>> > I have been contacted by a couple people having issues with the IGDA website.

>> > I am trying to get the full scope of this problem so I can report it and hopefully have this issues addressed.

>> > I have heard of the following issues:

>> > 1) People unable to join the GA SIG when they click the "Join button." (They are told they don't have permission or something.)

>> > 2) People are locked out of the forums.

>> > Is anyone seeing these as well? The one about not being able to join is rather disheartening because I recently had a Full Sail instructor try to join and wasn't able to.

>> > Thanks,

>> > Tara

Ryan Arndt
Global Community Manager
International Game Developers Association
Website: http://www.igda.org
Email: ryan at igda.org

LinkedIn: http://j.mp/IGDAli
Facebook: http://j.mp/IGDAfb