[games_access] GA Prejudices, question to our Game Designer and Game Developers

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Tue Jan 18 09:57:15 EST 2011

I seem to see the following ideas floating around in studios who aren't well
educated on accessibility.

- Implementing accessibility features take too much time, making them too
expensive.
- I've never heard of this before, so it must not be important.
- I'm not required to do it by anyone, so I don't want to take the time to
learn.
-Changing something for accessibility changes my design, and I designed it
this way for a reason. Accessibility takes away from the "experience" I
wished to create.
-I can play the game just fine, I don't understand what you're asking.

I think some of these feelings are very similar to the ones Sandra talked
about.