[games_access] A catalog of 1 switch interface patterns?

Tim Holt tim.m.holt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:38:08 EST 2011

I'm wondering if there are any studies or design patterns/templates for effective 1 switch interfaces. I don't mean hardware but rather software and specifically user interface design.

For example, suppose I want the user to enter a number from 0 to 9.  I can certainly make one up, but has anyone sat down and looked at how it's most effective?

Another example would be highlighting of the current selection. A thousand ways to do it, but is there a "most effective" way?

Sent from my iPhone