[games_access] My appology to the MS Kinect guys

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Wed Jan 19 05:31:49 EST 2011

Hello,

I would like to say sorry to the MS Kinect guys.
The recommendation and wishes were not good.

We should not ask for something without knowledge about the technology
and the gameplay!

I asked for alternative control e.g. gamepad,
but I did not know anything about the gameplay of Kinect games.

E.g. do I understand this right?
When we want to control Kinect Dance Central with a gamepad,
we would need a 3D figure, with animation, with control.
= This would be partly a new game and very expensive

I learnt:
1. We have to know the technology & gameplay
2. We have to check the usability
3. And then ... we can think about accessibility

4. and final we(!) have to provide a concept
5. We have to check up the concept with game developers and game designers

Best regards,
Sandra