[games_access] Our First Weekly Topic

hinn at illinois.edu hinn at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 26 00:43:52 EST 2011

Don't lose heart, yet! We've tried forums in the past in this SIG and it takes a lot to get people to devote time in forum sections -- takes a lot of nurturing. The WIG SIG actually does have a lot of conversation on it's mailing list -- but they are such a large SIG that having more than one area of discussion has worked out well for them.

I personally don't use the WIG SIG forums (or that many forums in general) because it becomes "one more place to check" for messages. (Kind of the opposite argument for the "too much in my email inbox!" excuse people have for not subscribing to listservs)

But I'm definitely hoping that this works out and have "check forums" on my daily "to do" list! :) Tara's got a lot of great ideas for it so I think it really has the potential to become a nice resource for the game developer's community.

Check 'em out everyone! :)

Michelle