[games_access] Full Sail & Diversity SIG Survey

Tara Voelker (Tefertiller) ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Thu Jul 7 15:24:07 EDT 2011

Hello All!

I'm not sure if you knew, but there is currently a game industry survey
going around, put together by Full Sail Univserity and the IGDA Diversity
SIG. Everyone should be sure to take it!

http://tinyurl.com/gamedevsnapshot

Here is a message from Susan Gold, professor at Full Sail, and founder of
the Global Game Jam.

Researchers in the Game Studies Department at Full Sail University in
collaboration with the IGDA Diversity SIG are currently doing a
scientific research study on the makeup of the game industry.
Currently, there’s a lack of good data on the demographics and
opinions of members of the game industry. What sort of education do
game developers really have? How long does it really take to become an
industry veteran? How big are the studios? We are often told that this
is a young industry, but how old are we really on average? My
colleagues at Full Sail have helped create a survey to examine these
questions and a few more.

We hope you’ll consider taking the survey. We would also like your
assistance in getting the word out about this study so that anyone
who’s interested can take it. We are looking for a truly global
sampling and once collected, we will provide our data free to all.
Please know that this is a blind survey and that at no time will we be
aware of the participants’ names or ask what studio they work at. We
have set a lofty goal to collect a sample of at least 5000 industry
members. The survey should only take 15 minutes and we made sure the
survey has a snappy URL. Our survey is located at:
http://tinyurl.com/gamedevsnapshot

Thank you in advance,
Susan

Hope everyone participates!

--
      Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org